- These are not babies anymore - they’re toddlers. Walking, climbing, exploring. It’s great - and SO exhausting.
- They can find their belly buttons all the time, and mine too. And ears, and noses. And tongues, which is super cute.
- At 15 months I’m starting to buy 24mo clothes for B - mostly things like pajamas where they can be a bit long right now, but it’s not far off. And now I have to figure out where they’re going to sleep at Thanksgiving (at my in-laws), since I think he’ll have exceeded the weight limit on a pack and play by then!
- They are firmly in the pull-everything-off-the-shelves stage. And every day they can reach things I thought were safe, so constant vigilance is necessary.
- Our babysitter is back, and life on that front is so good. They love her. It’s a good thing I do too, or I’d be a bit jealous. She’s the star attraction.
- I’m back to some aspect of my feelings of parental inadequacy. In the early days, I couldn’t comprehend managing both babies alone so when anyone else did it made me feel that much less competent. Now I have trouble feeling comfortable taking both babies outside, for example, but the babysitter is fine with it.
- We’re taking a sort of mommy and me class at one of the local temples once a week. Not sure what I think of it so far - half the other moms in the class are moms from my playgroup, so I already know them and their idiosyncracies. But I guess it’s good to get out and do it.
- Another of the playgroup moms is pregnant - and the first is due pretty soon. And we recently got three more “second-baby” announcements from other friends. I’m sure I have more to say about that, at some point.
- I’m working part-time and trying to get my head back to my research so I can finish my degree. It’s been so long since I’ve worked that I might end up with an entirely new topic. Got any good ideas for a dissertation?
- Our local Moms of Twins club Fall/Halloween party is this weekend. Which is nice since most everything else has been cancelled this week. Have I mentioned that I live in San Diego? The kiddos will be dressing as train engineers (stripey overalls, red bandanas, hats - if they’ll keep them on). They wore them to a pumpkin patch already and terrorized the chickens and bunnies in the petting zoo.
- That was a longer list than I was expecting. I guess it’s been a while.
I’ve been working on this list for like a month now. I miss blogging. I read, and sometimes even comment, but it’s rather one sided. So I’m going to try. A bit. And hopefully more than just bullet points.I guess I just really needed to get caught up. I’ll try harder - less with the baby updates, maybe, since that gets out of date so quickly and then I just feel lame. I already can’t keep up with the baby books.
If I wait for perfection, I'll never post anything, ever.