Wednesday, December 15, 2004

updates

1. I had an appointment with the acupuncturist (unfortunately not the one with whom I had the phone consult). I think it'll be fine - I trust that she knows what she's doing, and she gave me an article about yoga for fertility when she heard that I had been doing yoga. (Okay, not so much lately, but I'm going to get back to it!) My only concern about her is that she has cats and said "oh, I'll have to be sure not to hold my cats on days when I'm seeing YOU". Plus she was wearing purfume. Clearly she doesn't specialize in allergies, or she'd know better. But so far I don't seem to be allergic to her. We'll see how that goes - second appointment is tomorrow.

2. No progress on the new doctor front, since I won't exist to the HMO for another couple of weeks. But I did choose a GP - at least in my head. J's been seeing this fairly young woman doctor, and once she called with some info and I spoke to her. Seemed nice enough, plus SHE CALLED WITH SOME INFO. HERSELF. So that bodes well. And she's already passed my initial test - she's a woman. I've gotten less picky about this since my REs have mostly been men, but when I have a choice, I'll choose to be poked and prodded by someone who has a clue what it feels like to be poked and prodded in sensitive places.

3. The old doctor didn't make me come in for a follow-up ultrasound. He said if we're not doing Clomid this cycle (like I want to go through THAT again right now) then it's not really an issue. Someone should check again before another medicated cycle, but then I figure (I hope) that the new RE will want to run all sorts of baseline tests. This is good news also because I just got a bill for one of the ultrasounds that wasn't covered by the insurance. Not catastrophic in the grand scheme of things, but better not to have bills like that.

4. We had a really good time at Disneyland last weekend. I was a little bit wistful everytime I got on a ride that said "pregnant women should not ride" - but now I've gotten that out of the way, so anytime now would be great. Plus, I got my picture taken with Mickey - the only character I'd bother to do that with.

So, no big hopes for this cycle, though I've been peeing on OPKs just in case. I got a really good deal on them at Costco, and it's cheaper than the Clomid, so I feel I'm entitled.

No comments:

Post a Comment