Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Wavin’ babe

I don’t know if I should post warnings on every pregnancy-related post or what, so until I figure it out I’ll err on the side of caution and warn you that I’ll be talking about pregnancy and ultrasounds today. Feel free not to read if you don’t feel like it. Of course, that’s your right all the time. So, um, do what you need to do.

The perinatologist used the fancy ultrasound machine today. Setting aside the sheer wonder of an ultrasound during which I was fully clothed, the pleasure of the warmed goo, and the fact that this was the world’s fanciest machine, I’m left with the best part of all. One of the baby-blobs waved at us. Waved. And did a little squirmy thing.

Coolest. Thing. Ever.

14 comments:

  1. Awesome. I'm so glad things are going well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What?! You got to keep your CLOTHES on? I don't believe it!! The wave? So exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is. It's the very coolest thing. First time I saw the waving, I simultaneously giggled and burst into tears.

    I'm so glad you get to experience this.

    --Bugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am in awe right now.
    And so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel all squirmy inside just reading this. In a good way. In case that wasn't obvious. I swear, I leave the worst comments ever.

    ReplyDelete
  6. One of them waved? That's so cool!
    Good to hear you're doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My son waved at me during our 12 week ultrasound. It was the coolest damn thing in the world- made all the more special by the fact that it was the first ultrasound DH went to, plus it was our anniversary.

    Good to hear all is going well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am just so excited for you. Hooray!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing, cass, just amazing. I'm so very pleased for you both.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cass, that's awesome! congrats, sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That IS the coolest thing . . . Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Its so wonderful to read posts like this - I am so, so happy for you! And how weird it is to have a regular belly ultrasound :)
    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG waving and squirming! That is WONDERFUL! Congratulations, mama.

    ReplyDelete