Thursday, May 26, 2005

Looking up

The nurse who did the IUI was super positive about our chances this cycle - which made up for the fact that she was running late and we were just sitting there hoping the sperm would survive the wait. And apparently they did, because J’s count was stellar - they’re estimating something like 100 million motile, which is major since last time it was something like 10 million, and not all high grade. Plus... we got to look through the microscope at the sperm sample - it was sooooo cool. J went for a peek while I was in my lying-down phase, and then I got to go look afterward. Apparently, they were slowing down by then, but still - whole bunches of tiny, feisty swimmers. He’s so proud. And when we left, the nice receptionist said, “I’ll keep my fingers and toes crossed for you. It’ll make me walk funny, but I’ll still do it.” So that was nice. And then J brought me home and I spent most of the day on the couch.

One weird thing: apparently, I have a crooked cervix. The nurse had to switch to a different catheter, but then it was fine. Crampy, and with a bit of bleeding, but I guess that’s to be expected.

I keep thinking I have no idea how I’m going to make it though the next two weeks, and then I remember that it’s the end of the school year and I have reading and writing and grading to do, plus a trip next weekend to our friends’ wedding (more on that in another post, I think). So I guess I’ll be keeping busy. But if anyone has any good distractions, let me know!

3 comments:

  1. I hope this works for you Cass. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clean closets...everyone hates to do it, but if you do one each day...the time will pass and how cool will it be to have neat closets! You could do under the sinks too.

    Ok, I admit, I am a total nerd. Sorry its not a really fun idea.

    I'll cross some parts for ya too!

    Hugs,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you are off to an amazing start!

    The 2ww is so difficult........can you take a mini-vacation? Something to distract you?

    Everything is crossed for you.

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete