Monday, July 11, 2005

I'm back and I'm boring

I have several bits and pieces of posts I started and didn’t finish over the past week, including the sordid details of my affair with Hope, lots of stories about my in-laws, and, of course, my raves about the fantastic Bugs. But I’ve also got foggy post-trip brain and so I’m worried that I’m incapable of writing fluidly or with any coherence at all (as evidenced by the fact that I had to re-read this section twice before I realized I had left out a couple of key pronouns). I promise, the updates they are a-coming. Just let me sleep a bit more first.

I’ll leave you with this cycle update instead:

Last cycle was unmedicated and freakishly textbook. I ovulated, we had forced sex at all the right times, my temps went up, I was just the tiniest bit nauseous and hungry every two hours, and then it all stopped and I got my period. One day earlier than was ideal for this next cycle’s timing. So then I spent a couple of days ranting about the suckiness of having to sit out another cycle and how maybe we’d just skip to injectables after this since this cycle was supposed to be a sort of filler while they sort out the administrative aspects of the injectables (yeah, maybe I’ll write about that at some point, too). So I called the clinic today and they managed to get me an ultrasound appointment with Dr. L herself as wand monkey, and she gave the go-ahead to run this cycle CD4-8 instead of 3-7. So I took my tiny beige Femara pills and my pretty blue estradiol pill and now I sit and wait and see what happens.

So that’s the cycle update. And now I’m going to bed.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update and you are not boring! We missed you terribly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cass, that's great news. Now it's not a rest cycle it's an action cycle.

    Glad you're back, can't wait to hear about the trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are back and good luck with this cycle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Missed ya Cass... welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know I already said it once, but YEEHAW! on not having to sit out the cycle.

    --Bugs

    ReplyDelete