Tuesday, July 19, 2005

more funk-y stuff

I had been bopping along thinking I wasn’t really having any emotional side effects from the Femara, and then I had a bit of a meltdown this afternoon. Which was strangely reassuring, because at my ultrasound today I had no follicles to speak of. It’s CD12. On my Clomid cycles, I’ve ovulated pretty late (ovuLATE? heh) - someplace between CD19 and CD21. But on this last unmedicated cycle, I ovulated on CD13. So I was kinda hoping I had started a new phase in my cycles. But not so much. This is always one of the most demoralizing parts of a cycle for me - I go in for a scan after finishing a round of meds and have apparently nothing to show for it and it makes me think the whole cycle is over. And then I have to remind myself that I’ve been here before, and that when I go back on Friday things will probably be different. And having a meltdown I can pretend to blame on the meds makes it feel like the meds are doing SOMETHING in there.

But it still sucks right now, and I’m still in a funk. And my high school reunion is this weekend. Eh.

3 comments:

  1. I can relate 100%! The cd 12 u/s is the WORST for me - every month, I get nothing that early and become completely depressed and upset until the end of the cycle. My husband is convinced the upset of the u/s screws everything up, so next month I'm making him go with me. Maybe with him holding my hand I won't wind up crying on the u/s table . . . again. Many positive thoughts for lovely follicles at the next appt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you can blame anything and everything on the meds. I sure do. You're brave to go to your HS reunion. Mine is coming up in a couple of months, and there's just no way I'm going. Here's hoping for some follicular action come Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Damn Cass, you have fertility drugs coursing through your veins and a high school reunion to contend with. You're a brave woman.

    ReplyDelete